a. If you receive an error message stating “Failed to fetch url…” then you will have to force the Setup program to use http in lieu of https.
Got this error? Follow the steps.
i. Close the “Refresh Sources” window
ii. Cancel the “Choose Packages to Install” window
iii. Select “Settings” from the left side of the “Android SDK and AVD Manager” window
iv. Check the box labeled “Force https://… sources to be fetched using http://…”
v. Click “Save and Apply”
vi. Close and restart the SDK Setup program
Select only the packages you need.
a. If you are only interested in trying out the Android 2.0 Emulator
i. Reject everything except “SDK Platform Android 2.3. API 9, revision 1” by selecting each item then selecting the Reject option
b. If you plan to develop Android applications and Games, you may wish to Accept All
c. Click “Install Selected”
These are the settings to emulate the Moto Droid.
a. Select “Virtual Devices” from the left side of the “Android SDK and AVD Manager” window
i. Click “New”
ii. Enter a Name
iii. Choose a Target – Android 2.3
iv. Enter a size for the emulated SD Card
v. Choose a Skin
1. To emulate current hardware such as the G1, MyTouch 3G, Hero, etc…
a. Leave the default value
2. To emulate the Android 2.0
a. Choose WVGA 854
3. To emulate other devices
a. Choose anything else
vi. Click “Create AVD”
A successfully created AVD.
a. Choose the Virtual Device from the list
b. Click “Start…”
c. Click “Launch”
Just click launch.
First startup will take a few minutes.
Programming on Ecilpse
1. First install eclipse on your machine with your desirable workspace.
2. After that,(help->install new software
3. Add ADT-Pluggin (zip file) which you have downloaded before
Install all above,so eclipse can be actually getting ready for android development.
4. Click on (window->preference->Android) to, set target path for AVDs,that we have created .
Simple Hello Program.
1.create an Android Project in your project Explore.;with name of Simple_app.
2. choose target program as well as assign package name.
3. Run program as (Android Application)
& output will look like as…………..
& enjoy ,Happy coding………….. J